-->

Monday, February 02, 2009

Be You

I've discovered something. I am really strong. Let me share some thoughts with you. I am shy. Really shy. The people closest to me probably know that, because they see my socializing skills, and you don't see me brag about them. Oh no, not at all. Being the shy girl always made it difficult to hang out with the popular kids at school. Everyone wanted to be like them, even me. But now, when I look back at it, I don't see anything special about it. During my childhood I learned that being yourself is the main thing of growing up. I struggled finding that out in my teenage years, but in the end I turned out to be who I am today. I don't regret being shy. Because thanks to that I made only a few, but real, friends. They are still in my life. Being shy always kept me away from the big parties, drinking, smoking and the silly "love" relationships as a teenager. Personally I don't think that I missed out on anything. Thanks to shyness I now have a stamp collection that I am really proud of, I have my music, I have comic books, true friends, healthy lungs and a lots of great memories. I have a great boyfriend, my first actually and only, that I am madly in love with. I wouldn't change a thing about my life. I love things just the way they are.

So what I am trying to say is that being myself got me this far, and it all turned out being just perfect. Ok, so I didn't hang out with the cool kids, what do I care. Right now I feel pretty cool, and I feel normal. My point is, being yourself is the only way you can be. No one knows that better than you, so why waste your time and energy trying to be someone you're not. Everybody is struggling to fit in, and everybody feels left out and a little silly sometimes. It doesn't matter if you're the popular kid, prettiest girl in class, best soccer player in school. In the end you're just human like everyone else.
Do yourself a favor, be yourself..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment