-->

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Promise Little

As a child I had a lot of unfortunate cases were people would promise me something, then never follow through with what I was promised. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me more and I learn to never be fooled again. No kid ever wants to get hurt, nobody wants that. Adults never see their children, they are looking but never really seeing. Children who are given promises get expectations, they get excited and impatient. Sitting still becomes a problem, and all they can ever think about is that promise they were given. When that day comes, and the child who waited realizes that the promise made to him or her is forgotten, everything around this child falls apart.
Adults often forget the importance of being older, and they take everything for granted. What they don't know is that a child who is hurt because he or she did not get the toy that was promised, has the same feelings as an adult who just got out of a bad relationship. Broken.

I learned early in life that you never promise something you cannot deliver, no matter how easy it is to make. It's vise to promise little and do more. Please do not let down people you care for, believe me, disappointment is nothing good.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant post ... And it is so true ... Everyone should improve themselfs regarding this, it is so easy to promise stuff ...


    G. Bush version of the same saying: "There`s an old saying in Tennessee - i know it`s in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me -- you can`t get fooled again ..."

    I think your version is the correct one :)

    ReplyDelete