-->

Friday, December 30, 2011

The Year 2011


JANUARY
January was the month when I decided to use my camera. I took photos of everything and everyone. It was all about a new year and a new start. I was hyped to get started with my blog adventure. 


FEBRUARY
The romantic time of the year. And yes, Valentines Day is very much over done by the world, but this Valentines Day was me and Fiancé's first one together. Since he got back from the military march 2010, after serving his time for fifteen months, this month was special for us. So I took my camera and traveled to Istanbul to be with him. I got red roses.


MARCH
 With the winter almost gone, I took the request of some of you guys seriously, and did one of my first outfit posts. It was so awkward. Honestly, my body is not made to work with my brain when it comes to posing lady like. But I got better with some more practice. 


APRIL
April, oh April. This is my month. I was born 26th of April, and we got Easter, and spring arrives. Amazing! So much prettiness going on this month. I ate plenty of sweets and chocolate. The weather became warmer. But the biggest change this month besides me getting a year older was the big surprise of getting my current job for my birthday. My first day of work was ON my birthday. *Deep breath* April is my month, no need to say more. Love it.


MAY
May was probably the month with the most outfit pictures. See, I told you I became more comfy with them. Plus, the Norwegian National Constitution Day was the 17th of May. The only national Holiday that is being celebrated in Norway with every citizen participating. It is magical. Flags everywhere and people wearing the colors red, white and blue. It is a "must see" experience. 


JUNE
June was the month when summer finally truly arrived to Norway, or at least Oslo. I brought back my short shorts and summer dresses and enjoyed every second of the sun that I could get. I ate macaroons, went to the beach, read magazines and wore sun glasses. Yes, I am so cool, I know.


JULY
22th of July.  <- Click it to read more.


AUGUST
Fiancé's month. His birthday was second of August. As for me I relaxed a lot this month. I couldn't travel to Fiancé just yet, because of work, so my mom was celebrating with him and his family in Istanbul. Guess I am OK with that. We Skype'd as usual and told each other "I love you". I sent him flowers. 


SEPTEMBER
Took a little trip to Istanbul in September, just for a week. Me and Fiancé had not seen each other since February, so this was good for us. There was a lot of sightseeing, black gammon playing and kissing (Ha ha). We had really missed each other. And although autumn had arrived in Norway, in Istanbul the summer was still going strong, so I loved it. 


OKTOBER
Oktober was a sad day for Apple fans all over the world. And I was cameraless. I basically did nothing but posting Instagram images and working. Exciting? Yes indeed.  


NOVEMBER
In November I could with my hand on my heart say that I was out of school. Got my diploma sent in the mail and life was just fine. Took a week off work and went to see Fiancé again, this time because of his permission papers to Norway. There was some problems with my work papers that caused a delay in our case. I had to print out plenty of more stuff, bring it to him for him to sign them, then come back and deliver them to the Norwegian government. Yes, we are still waiting and we applied august 2010, can you believe it? This is hard on our relationship, cause we don't move any forward, we just wait for each other to be together once and for all. 


DECEMBER
December. The last month. Christmas. New years eve. Snow. Sweets. Family time. Coziness. Santa Claus. Lights. Christmas tree. Yummy food. 

---

All in all the year 2011 was an amazing year, with its ups and downs. My ambitions for the new year is higher. I finally hope to be with Fiancé. I want to give and get more at my job. I am thinking of buying my first home. Take more pretty pictures. Get a new design layout for the blog (anyone?). Workout more. Be healthy and live life. 

Thank you all for becoming a part of this blog and my life. I am for ever grateful for each friend I have gotten in the blogosphere, and hope all of you enjoy this blog as much as I enjoy having you sticking around. You're the best!

Many happy new year wishes from me at The Bookness to all of you. 
Have a good one ok?

48 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and summary of 2011. You have a great blog here, I look forward to reading your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful collage.
    2011 was a great year for you!


    www.therecordologist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful compilation of photos throughout the year. Cheers to the New Year!

    xo Shane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for following my blog! Read some of your posts and really liked yours, too. Yea, October... not so good :c

    xoxo
    ~thedovetree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2011 was a good year for me too :) love the photos and your short stories .. have a great new year!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this recap, it's just stunning!! can't wait to see what 2012 brings you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great year! I love all these pictures too! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pics are great. Lovely photos.

    Wish you a happy new year :)

    http://trendydolap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the cutest and loveliest year in review I've seen! and i can do a blog design for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Beautiful photos as always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the prettiest "year in review" that I've seen yet!! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This definitely is the most beautiful review I've ever seen! I love it! :)
    xoxo, Laura
    http://styleandsushi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a darling and festive post. Have a great new year, may you have a 2012 that's even more beautiful than 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, cute post! I loooooove the knitted-look glass from December.... are they from Ikea? They look similar to mine, but sooo much cuter. ;)

    also, thanks for the follow! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. These photos are darling, darling, darling. You guys are too dang cute. And I just adore your blog.


    To answer your questions: I use the Canon Rebel Xsi (450D) with the 50mm f.1/8 lens. I'm just invested in the Bohemian Symphony Actions from Oh So Posh. Let me tell you, I'm in love. Totally worth the cost! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a beautiful recap of your year! what a great year it was. happy new year!! have a great one :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful post! I loved it! Also, check your email, I'm shooting you a message in a second! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for following! Your blog is absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this idea of your year in review! Also wanted to thank you for visiting my blog the other day, I love hearing from my readers and "meeting" new followers.

    All the best, your new follower,

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this round up! For having your camera just about a year, you take beautiful photos!

    You have found a new follower, and I would LOVE to visit you in europe

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is wonderful!
    I love it :)
    So colorful and vibrant.

    I'm adding you to my daily reads over at www.lovelylittlethingsblog.com

    xo, jessica

    ReplyDelete
  22. This recap post is perfect for me to want to read more of your blog... I hope my posts haven't started boring you yet!

    Lots of love

    NOémie

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for following! i'm in love with your blog... newest member :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful post!!!!
    Compliments!!!
    and happy, happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great post! Thanks for sharing!
    xoxo Brooke
    brookeself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful photos!
    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your blog is darling and your outfits are adorable. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a beautiful post of what sounded like a beautiful year! Can't wait for 2012!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great post! Your blog looks fun. Thanks for following my blog...I have followed yours as well. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  30. loooooooooooooooooove it!!!
    happy 2012!!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awesome recap! :)

    Wishing you, your friends and family and amazing & blessed 2012! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love these photos! The ones from April have such nice colours......

    ReplyDelete
  33. All your photos are so gorgeous! You have such a way with even making the little things in life stand out :)

    I hope the new year is just as fantastic and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  34. thanks for following<3 and you took such lovely pictures this year. hope that next year will be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a wonderful year-end review! I love the way you laid out your photos, gorgeous! I love your blog and I wish you all the happiness and loveliness in 2012.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  36. While I have really enjoyed reading all the summaries people have posted, I think your's is the prettiest one I have seen so far. Best of luck for the coming year, I hope things continue to get better for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. what a fun post! love looking back at your year in pics!!!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is the most beautiful recap from 2011 blogpost I have seen so far ;) great photos!
    Happy NewYear!

    With love, Samm
    www.afterstylecomesfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. super cool compilation :) Had a gorgeous new year?

    xoxo
    http://sreebindu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a great blog!! Thank you for following me and I am glad to be blog-friends. Can't wait to read more of your adventures and see your beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Looks like an amazing year! What do you use to make your collages? Btw, my birthday is April 26 too :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Piril, you lead a beautiful life. And I think I do too, I am inspired to capture it even more now.

    -Love

    ReplyDelete
  43. I didn't start following until the end of 2011, but it was so fun to see what you were up to the rest of the year!! It looks like you had a good 2011 overall! Looking forward to 2012

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your photos are just gorgeous! This is one of the best year end reviews I've seen! :)

    Happy New Year! Hope you have a wonderful 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. your recap is awesome! love the pictures. you are talented.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow, what a great 2011! I just came across you blog and I love it! You have such gorgeous photos, so bright and cheerful. I can't wait to follow and see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. you have such the lovely blog. i love how you arranged these photos from your memories of the year. hope this next is a great one for you. (:

    southernpinky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. your collage of 2011 photos is very creative.

    www.sweetsadii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete