-->

Monday, September 10, 2012

Congratulations, she said.


After over two years of waiting our visa application for Fiancé's permit was approved. This is the good news that I've been sharing with friends, family and colleagues. Me and Fiancé is finally going to be together and step into our lives as a couple soon to be married. So much has happened, and our relationship has been put through a bunch of tests. Both him and I was at a point were we didn't even care anymore. Didn't care about the future, or us, or this case with UDI. I never thought that it would take so much time to get the permits, but it did. But it's over now. 

Saturday last week was a normal day, I went to work and then came home. Usually the mail doesn't come on Saturdays (only weird commercial magazines) so I wasn't so excited as I checked the mail box. I opened it. And. There. It. Was. 
UDI's letter. The letter we waited for. My hands shaking, I rushed into the elevator, punched the third floor and waited. I was not going to open it, I couldn't. What if it was a rejection like the last time (because of my low income in 2010)? What if they needed some more documents and it was going to take more time? What if? My mind was filled with question marks, but my heart was jumping of joy. My heart was so sure that is was positive so I smiled like a crazy person as I walked in and handed my mom the letter. You should see her face. I told her to open it, because all the sudden I wasn't the brave me anymore. 

Congratulations, she said. 
Still, one week later me and Fiancé have a hard time believing it. I'm headed to Istanbul on Friday to go and get him. We had an old promise that the ride back home (to Norway) would be together. 

31 comments:

  1. AW, I am so happy for you!! CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its the best feeling, isn't it???!?!?! :) Knowing that you can finally start the future you've always been dreaming about with your Fiance. I LOVED THAT FEELING and your story returned the butterflies I had when my husband opened his letter from the USA. :)

    My grandma told me "Dearie, you can finish this and when you do, you will know that you'll never again run into something in life that you cannot handle."

    Congratulations Piril Maria! May your path be less bumpy and full of joy. Enjoy it. Its one of my fondest memories with my dear husband.

    http://peachypains.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I can only imagine the pain and misery you both had to feel before things turned well. I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I could not be any more happier for the two of you!! I know how badly you guys have been waiting for this letter :) Congrats girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so incredibly happy for you darling! Goodbye distance! Me and S have been doing the long distance for 3 1/2 years but it doesn't compare because we are only states away and it still felt unbearable... we admire couple like you and your fiancé that have been doing it with COUNTRIES between you two. This week i got an interview for job at a hospital in his city... lots of prayers and fingers crossed for us too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such incredibly awesome news! I am so happy for you and Fiance! Have a safe trip on Friday, and enjoy every second of the big move!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness. What an amazing feeling! God is so good! I am so incredibly, completely happy for you! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Congratulations!

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Revel in every. single. minute. of this. Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! I'm so happy for you two. This is so exciting.

    The Girl Collected

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATS! I've been following your blog for so long that I'm familiar with this crazy rollercoaster you've been on. How incredible it must feel to finally get the answers you were looking for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!! That is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAAAAA I'm so happy for you! We all know how long you've waited for this. Congrats darling!

    ReplyDelete
  15. PIRIL!!! This is SO exciting! I'm so happy for you!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations!!!!!
    And now you can start to live together!!!!
    I'm sooooo happy for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. congratulations,so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just got teary! So sweet! Congrats!

    xoxo Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! I am so happy for both of you :)

    www.therecordologist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. CONGRATS! That's so exciting and wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations! It's a great news, I'm so happy for both of you..
    best wishes from istanbul :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations!! Enjoy the start of your life together xo L

    ReplyDelete
  24. absolutely incredible to read that Post, because me and my husband went right through the same period, and the day I got the good news I was as shaky as u decribe here..:D So wishing you too a very happy life ahead. anyway its my first time reading ur blogg, amazing writer:D..and must say u r a lovely Lifestyle photographer:D keep up the awsome work!<3

    ReplyDelete