-->

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Went Hiking Today


Fiancé and my baby brother went hiking today in the norwegian woods. He likes hiking, nature, climbing and camping. I got a call while I was at work from my mom, all stressed out about the two of them wondering off early in the morning. My mom was scared they would get lost, and we would be responsible for it. Since Fiancé is new in Norway with no norwegian and baby brother is a little goofball, my mind started to think like my moms. 7 seconds later I told my mom that she should calm down. After all, he has an iPhone and can find his way if he was lost. 

Thank God they returned home safe and sound with lots of beautiful photos. He promised me he would take me there this weekend if the weather was good. I'm excited. 

What should I pack in my backpack for the hiking? Any tips? Some lifesaving ones in case we meet a bear or something?

13 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful hike for Fiance and your baby brother. Glad they didn't get lost. :) If you're super worried about bears you can carry pepper spray, but honestly I don't think you should worry. Just go out and have fun. :)

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shannon! I'll pray not to meet any of them =)
      PS: Saw the post about me, the traffic is increasing. So excited.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous. :) For bears... you can take bear spray, but I've heard it can just make them angry. I think it only works on black bears??
    I always take snacks and extra water, a little bit of first aid, sunscreen, and a jacket. If you're going for a more intense and long hike that is away from people, you'll want to take more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, if you meet a bear. RUN. Maybe drop your backpack full of food to distract the animal for a while. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take a breakfast bar! They're good if you get hungry - slow release energy etc instead of a sugar rush from chocolate and not too heavy to carry around :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! A breakfast bar, of course. We have some good ones in Norway =)

      Delete
  5. I love hiking. My husband and I fill a specially made 2 L plastic bag with water. It has a mouthpiece so you bite on it and drink while walking. Sometimes we bring Gatorade for extra electrolytes. I bring beef jerky for protein, some fresh peaches/plums in a hard tupperware so it doesn't get crush, and peanut M&Ms (peanut for energy later and chocolate for energy now).

    Apply sunblock lotion before you go so you don't have to bring it along. Hat for the sun. Rain jacket but if it's raining you shouldn't go since it's miserable and less fun.

    Have fun! So jealous you're hiking in another country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use to hike a lot and I have ran into bears about half a dozen times. I don't know what kind of bears are in the Norwegian mountains but black bears are pretty good about going about their own business if you hold still and ignore them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the teeny cup of coffee! so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your photography! looks like a fun adventure :)

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete