-->

Friday, November 23, 2012

Just Keep Warm


Moving out, having your own place instantly makes you more aware of your spending. When living with my mom, I wouldn't care much but now I've changed. So our time to move happened to be in the cold winter in Norway, and the biggest concern of mine was the electricity bill. Time to save! 
Just by cutting out some extras and adding some smart thinking into our every day living, me and FiancĂ© are ready to face it. 

We found out that leaving our heating system on the low measure throughout the day and night, we would be costing ourselves more. We put a thick blanket on the corner of our couch's arm lean and use it constantly when wanting to be a little cozy or just keep warm. Or have some good warm pyjamas (some good choices here at isme.com) when sleeping at night. But the best option would be to keep your heating system to turn off just after you go to sleep, and just before you wake up. 
Meaning no sweating at night and a more breezy awake in the morning. 

FiancĂ© has also figured out to close the windows and doors and get use of the heating when cooking. And since our home is a small one this helps us keeping it warm. 

Anyways, just a little random tip to all you people living in your own home. 
Happy Friday! Wish you all a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Love the pictures!!

    living on your own teaches you a lot. I remember when my parents would complain about the electricity etc. and I would roll my eyes now I know why they would complain lol it's expensive!

    xx
    Krissie

    http://thecriminallyexpensive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's amazing how having your own place teaches you a whole new lesson in life.

    beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous knit you are wearing! Keep warm,

    Simona
    www.lakenmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sock picture made me want to put on socks :) Something about them looks so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry in adavance, but I just can't help it... But: isn't that all just so obvious?! I mean, not only in regard to costs, but also in the effort to live an environment-friendly life. :)

    Keep up the good work!
    Have a great weekend.
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love following your blog... my home has one through a little remodel lately, so I'm curious to see how things turn out for you!

    xo, tasha
    Enter to win a monogram pendant necklace

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cozy blankets!
    They are so much fun in the cold nights :)
    & i love your sweater :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey giiirl! I have another idea for you because my apartment is on the highest heater setting I can get it to, and it's still too cold for me. Run a hot bath, and keep the door open so the heat and humidity will spread throughout your home. It's pretty simple, right!? It works for me, and I don't need to buy a humidifier. WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips- we do the same here & we have the small electric heaters in each room, which do pretty well :D

    http://mylifebeingrenewed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete