-->

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

The Smell Of Paint


It's been exactly two weeks since we received the keys to our new place. We had talked about this before, and the plan (yes there was a lot of plans) was not to paint, but when we had a second look on the apartment we had to do it. So, me and FiancĂ© and my mom went straight to the city after spending an hour just looking through the place. That same day we started painting. 
And FiancĂ© is a bit impatient at times, so we stayed all night until next morning painting away. He took the charge of the roof and the walls, and I was the "detail doer" who was doing around the corners. 

I am so glad we decided to do it, because now it feels more like a home and more like our home. Plus it smells paint, and for some reason the smell of paint makes things look clean. Right?

8 comments:

  1. Oh yay! So happy for you all finally being together and getting to make your first home together..and the impatient other half..totally feel for ya, I have the same man dwelling in my happy home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And I wish the best for you and your man.

      Delete
  2. Man. You take same great pictures!!! Love your blog.

    dustikemp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are remodeling our house for future sale. I wish it were as easy as just painting walls. I cant wait until we get to the painting stage because i too, love the smell of paint! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are such go-getters! This is great. I'd definitely go right through the night and get everything done. I can't wait to see what your apartment has in store for us. Interior decor heaven! Good luck, my darling! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I think everything is going to turn out super cool and fresh =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with you about the smell. It makes a house feel so clean. We actually are painting some rooms of our house today and I was just commenting to my husband that I liked the smell. It sounds like you are settling well to your new place. So happy for you!

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete